by Celeste Carrigan
Many have already started their fundraising from shaving heads to fun runs. Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles held the longest radio marathon yesterday for 51.5-hours. The show has already got the money rolling in for the Comic Relief fund, with listeners donating over £2 million.
Edinburgh Dungeon and dungeons around the country today are dishing out ‘Bloody Noses’ for red nose day between 10.30 and 16.30.
The famous dungeon characters such as Dick Turpin in York and Sawney Bean in Edinburgh will be painting willing customers convincing blood splattered noses in exchange for a £1 donation to the Comic Relief fund. Visitors today are also advised to keep an eye out for the ‘Dark Jester’ who will be haunting the dungeons corridors telling devilish jokes in return for a donation for Red Nose Day’s ‘Do something Funny for Money’ campaign.
Tonight’s TV show will offer a whole show of comic relief, Stars such as Andy Murray, Ruby Wax, Claudia Winkleman, Miranda Hart, Ant and Dec, Take That and Adele plus many more are all getting involved in the comic fund raising action.
Although the fundraising is already underway, Edinburgh Napier News have some tips to get in involved last minute.
– Buy the official comic relief single ‘Gold Forever’ by The Wanted
– Get sponsored to wear your PJs all day at work or in school.
– Host a dinner party for your friends, collecting a donation
– Invite your friends over for a Red Nose Day party and ask for a donation.
– Men, show your feminine side by getting sponsored to have your legs or chest waxed
– Do a sponsored silence
– Get sponsored to give up social networking for a week.
– Hold a people auction, bid for someone and then get them to do what you want for the day
– have a raffle
– Dye your hair Red for the day