Top Story: Muamba remains in ‘dangerous condition’
Other sport news from around the UK:
– Hearts maintained their excellent Edinburgh Derby record with a 2-0 victory at Tynecastle yesterday. Goals from Craig Beattie and Suso Santana proved enough to defeat a lackluster Hibs and extend their unbeaten run in the fixture to 10 games.
– Kilmarnock won the Scottish League Cup for the first time after an 84th minute Dieter van Tornhout edged out Celtic. The Glasgow club’s hope of winning the treble are now over with Neil Lennon left fuming by his side’s missed chances.
– Manchester United moved 4 points clear at the top of the Premiership following their 5-0 thrashing of Wolves. The result also consigned Wolves to the bottom of the table, with them only having won only 1 game in 14.
– The SRU have backed Andy Robinson after defeat by Italy in the Six Nations left Scotland without a win in the tournament. However the coach has admitted that he is at the “lowest ebb” of his tenure leading to speculation he may fail to see out his 2015 contract.
– Jenson Button clinched victory at the opening Formula 1 Grand Prix after an impressive performance in Australia. Reigning World Champion Sebastian Vettel finished second whilst Lewis Hamilton clinched third following a poor start. Scot Paul di Resta finished just inside the points in 10th.
More in Sports: