- More Tsunami warnings are coming in. Over 53 Countries including the entire West Coast of the U.S. , Russia, Kenya, Canada, Indonesia, Central America are now on Tsunami Watch.
- Although alerts have been lifted for some countries, including Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand.
- The Tsunami has struck the Hawaiian Island of Honolulu and it set on a path of destruction.
- President Barack Obama has sent condolences and has stated that the U.S. stand ready to help on his Twitter Page. He has instructed FEMA to be ready to assist Hawaii and the rest of the U.S. states & territories that could be affected.
- The US State Oregon emergency management has advised coastal residents to evacuate before 7am PST due to tsunami risk.
More than 200 dead and several hundred missing after Earthquake and Tsunami strikes Japan.
- The UN Secretary General, has stated that the UN will do anything to Help Japan and that 30 International Rescue Teams are ready to be sent out.
By Susannah Radford
In the aftermath of the Japanese earthquake, a 4.5 magnitude earthquake has just shaken Hawaii’s Big Island. Residents in the low-lying areas of the islands have been ordered to evacuate to higher ground as the tsunami waves are expected to hit around 3am local time. Tourists staying at the world-famous Waikiki beach are also being evacuated. Continue reading Hawaii on alert after Japan earthquake